Newby Question: Generic Database Object Interface Needed

kbass kbass at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Mar 6 10:08:41 EST 2004

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:Zhl2c.2277$G3.18356 at localhost...
> kbass wrote:
> > I have two databases, Postgres and Oracle, and I would like to be able
> > use the same syntax to access and retrieve data in the same way. Is
there a
> > generic database object interface (module) that will allow me to access
and
> > retrieve data the same way? I would prefer one that is well supported.
>
> Does this help? :  http://www.python.org/topics/database/
>
> -Peter

I have checked the database resources at the Python website and performed a
Google search but I cannot find the information that I needed. I searched
sourceforge and found  PDO: Python Database Objects  at
http://pdo.neurokode.com/index.php . This seems to have the functionality
that I need. Are there any other modules (or programs) that have the same
functionality? I would like to do some comparisons.

Kevin