Independent interpreters in threads

Konrad Hinsen hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr
Mon Mar 29 10:22:06 EST 2004

I am looking for a way to have several threads, each of which running an
independent Python interpreter. Most of the work is done by the module
"code", but I also need to provide each interpreter with an independent set
of modules. I found a solution using name-mangling through the ihooks module,
but it is not quite clear which aspects of that module can be considered
documented, and I found that I had to update my code when moving from Python
2.2 to Python 2.3.

Is there any cleaner solution?

In case someone wonders what this is good for, the goal is to simulate a
parallel computing system on a single processor and in a single process space
for debugging purposes.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                            | E-Mail: hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr