Graph Problems (was Re: Is there a map or graph module?)

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at imsb.au.dk
Sun Mar 21 16:35:15 EST 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:55:23 -0800, Lilith wrote:

> Guido's example works fine when I use his simple graph. When I plug in
> my 9000-node graph, I get those problems even if the nodes are a few
> steps away. I think my network is too big for that code.

Any Python implementation is going to be extremely slow. You need to
google for kjbuckets, which is a C extension to Python by Aron Watters. It
is extremely effictient, even with 9000 nodes. If you can use RPMS, look
in my ftp directory:

ftp://xray.imsb.au.dk:/pub/python/packages/Python2.1/RPMS

Good luck,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard