What is wrong? The minidom or the XML file?

Anthony Liu antonyliu2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 11:42:16 EST 2004

Yes, you are right, Erik.  The xml document was
successfully parsed by lower-casing XML and removing
the ampersand in the document.

Another question: If I insert some Chinese characters
in the sample xml document, then again the same python
code cannot parse it. It python code got choked
whenever it hits the 1st Chiese character.

Python says:

ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 3,
column 7

The problem remains even if I try encoding="UTF-16" or
encoding="GB2312" or encoding="GBK" in the xml
document.

Note that GB2312 and GBK are Chinese encodings.

Please give a hint.  Thanks a lot!