Choosing Perl/Python for my particular niche

Jim Keenan jkeen_via_google at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 27 09:06:51 EST 2004

Fred Ma <fma at doe.carleton.ca> wrote in message news:<40652B0D.7C313F77 at doe.carleton.ca>...
> Hello,

[snip 4 paragraphs]

> Whichever way I go, I would like to avoid the overhead
> of learning both Perl and Python.  I will sculpt out some
> time in a miserly fashion to slowly get to know one.

Okay.  You are at Carleton University, which was the site of Yet
Another Perl Conference::Canada in May 2003.  So you have an excellent
pool of local Perl experts to draw upon -- and there are many more not
far away in Montreal, Toronto and Kitchener/Waterloo.  Look them up
via http://www.pm.org/groups/north_america.html .

Jim Keenan
Brooklyn NY