Can this be done with python?

Eric @ Zomething eric at zomething.com
Tue Mar 23 22:29:08 EST 2004

wolfke9 wrote:

> -have a button opening a 'open file' dialog, eg when I need a user to
> search for an image

while I am sure you will want to build something event driven and object oriented, something architected to your purposes using one of the many nice GUI kits available, I am still tickled that I can open a file dialog box and get a file selection into a variable this easily (2 lines):

>>> from easygui import *
>>> fileName=fileopenbox()
>>> print fileName
C:/Documents and Settings/E P/Desktop/The_Art_of_War__Sun_Tzu.txt

it's just so handy and encouraging, it's how I get any file path I need.

Eric

http://www.ferg.org/easygui/