webbrowser.open_new alternatives for Windows (Mozialla, IE, Netscape..)

Robert k.robert at gmx.de
Tue Mar 23 06:42:12 EST 2004

os.startfile opening new... : that not true with my current setup : py23 +
Mozills default (IE also):

only if moz not running, a quick 2-timer os.startfile like:
os.startfile("http://www.google.it"); os.startfile("http://www.google.de")
creates 2 windows. if moz already running, then it opens always in last
actived browser window ?

think also webbrowser.open(_new) does nothing else than os.startfile !?
did not find any suitable alternative for open_new. thats really a lack in
the lib and cannot imagine nooneelse needs that?

for moz i found: mozilla.exe -remote openURL('www.mozilla.org',new-tab)
www.mozilla.org
seems I have to scan registry and fiddle such stuff for the top5 of
browsers.

Does anybody know where the windows default brower is set officially in the
registry?

Robert

PS:  the example > mozilla.exe -remote openURL('www.mozilla.org',new-tab)
www.mozilla.org  <  is supposed to open even in new tab! not completely new
window. however it opens always a new window. is this a mozilla bug?

news:Z8P7c.10691$A_2.608926 at news20.bellglobal.com...