Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes

John Roth newsgroups at jhrothjr.com
Tue Mar 30 08:02:40 EST 2004

"Mark Hahn" <mark at prothon.org> wrote in message
news:9C8ac.68303$cx5.4075 at fed1read04...
> > but you could allow either all-tabs or all-spaces in a given file.
>
> Maybe that the is most sensible solution I've heard yet.

That mostly works. In fact, the original suggestion to use
tabs followed by spaces *only* for alignining continuations
also works: the most toxic case is the one where someone
has their indentation set to 4, and the editor blithely compresses
runs of 8 spaces to one tab. Then it goes to someone
else whose editor is set up for four character tabs, and
the indentation gets messed up.

John Roth

PS - I may have gotten several private e-mails at the address
on these postings. Please don't - the address that's availible
on Usenet is virus checked, spam checked and then deleted
without being read.

JR.