Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Mon Mar 29 04:08:51 EST 2004

> Can you explain to me in easy words, why it is NOT possible to integrate
prototypes into Python to stand "side by side" with classes?

I certain that it IS possible to add ANYTHING to Python.  My whole
motivation for Prothon was to start fresh with a clean slate and have less.
I'm still experimenting with things that can be removed.

I want to make it clear that I don't think Python is broken or needs
replacing.  Python is what it is.  I have no idea if Prothon will be around
in 10 years or not but I'm sure Python will still be around.

Having said that, I think there are things about Prothon that really kick
ass.  The combination of threaded interpreter with extremely simple locking
objects is exceeding my expectations.  This engine is really going to shine
when it matures.

news:Xns94BBF152E6BBcpl19ghumspamgourmet at 62.153.159.134...