python-dev Summary for 2004-02-01 through 2004-02-29

Roger Binns rogerb at rogerbinns.com
Thu Mar 18 21:29:55 EST 2004

> There is nothing wrong with adding tuples.  I would expect that normally
> the number of exceptions is somewhat small, so the overhead of tuple
> addition is not that bad...

Yes, it is only done once per startup and then potentially once per
opening a device with a broken driver.  I was just trying to answer
someone wondering why you would ever want to change the exceptions
caught at runtime.

In theory there could be a degenerate case where you could have
hundreds due to poorly designed libraries, but in practise that
can be addressed in several ways and is not worth worrying about.

Roger