GUI Frameworks in Python?

Jørgen Cederberg jorgencederberg at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 04:46:03 EST 2004

Gary Herron wrote:

>>>Is this Linux only ?
>>>(pardon my terrible ignorance...)
>>
>>Yeah - it is... I'n only developing for Linux here...

<snip GTK _is_ cross-platform>

> Here's several pointers:
>   http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq21.012.htp
>   http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/
>
> Gary Herron

Hi,

i downloaded and installed the GTK runtime environment v. 2.2.4-2 and
PyGTK 2.2.0 for Python 2.3. The installation went fine and I added the
path to GTK/lib and bin. I run a helloworld program, but unfortunely I
get this error message which I quite puzzled about (translated from danish)

(helloworld.py:3308): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the theme engine in
module_path: 'wimp'

Does anyone have clue what to do?

Regards
Jorgen Cederberg