httplib and forcing IPv6.

Carl-Johan Kjellander carljohan at kjellander.com.invalid
Sun Mar 14 19:27:56 EST 2004

I have a problem. I want to use httplib to a site that has both IPv4 and
IPv6 connectivity, hence it has both A and AAAA records.

Is there a way to force httplib to use IPv6 only, or to at least try
IPv6 before IPv4? As it is now, httplib always takes the IPv4 address
first.

If there isn't a way to do this, i.e. httplib always connects to the IPv4
address first, and there is now way to change that, who do I talk to
about adding a feature to select which version of IP to try first? Since
python is a language and not just ome other program I know that features
have to be perfect when you add them cause they might be along for a long
time.

/Carl-Johan Kjellander
--
begin 644 carljohan_at_kjellander_dot_com.gif
Y1TE&.#=A(0`F`(```````/___RP`````(0`F```"@XR/!\N<#U.;+MI`<[U(>\!UGQ9BGT%>'D2I