Python for large projects

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 24 16:15:51 EST 2004

Jacek Generowicz:

> "After", is far too late, in my opinion. It's a bit like suggesting to
> a static-typing-for-safety fan, that he should only run his program
> through the compiler _after_ he has finished developing.

   That is actually a view held by some people and has been attempted on
some projects: the programmers do not have access to compilers and deliver
their code to someone else when complete. I think all these projects failed.
There was a well known case here in Australia at IBM where one person snuck
in a compiler and managed to outperform all his colleagues until discovered.

   Neil