Numeric array of objects

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Wed Mar 3 18:22:52 EST 2004

What you want is n "instances" of the class xy.
Since __init__ method is called when an instance
is created, the instance.x and instance.y
attributes will be 0.0, 0.0 unless you set them
to something different (as arguments to the
instance creation).

 class xy:
     def __init__(self,x=0.0,y=0.0):
         self.x = x
         self.y = y

n=10
x=[xy() for j in range(10)]

after that

x[0].x equals 0.0
x[0].y equals 0.0
.
.
.
x[9].x equals 0.0
x[9].y equals 0.0

I "think" this is what you want, but I'm not certain.

-Larry

news:3064b51d.0403031508.53498c6f at posting.google.com...