Mod_python

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Thu Mar 25 11:07:27 EST 2004

Amy G wrote:
> I got this working by adding the following to my environment
>
> LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libc_r.so
> export LD_PRELOAD
>

> So I can now restart apache and everything seems to work.
> Except my python
> files still show up as text in the browser window.
>
> Help, please.
>
> "Amy G" <amy-g-art at cox.net> wrote in message
> news:qDp8c.41418$Bg.9880 at fed1read03...
> > I posted yesterday asking about python cgi and how to implement it.
> >
> > In a reply I was advised to use mod_python instead.
> >
> > I am using Apache 1.3.7.
> >
> > I downloaded both mod_pyton-2.7.10 and 2.7.9.
> >
> > I configured and ran make mso, make install on both with
> the same result.
> >
> > After adding the required lines to my httpd.conf and
> restarting apache I
> get
> > the following error.
> >
> > Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_python.so into server:
> > /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_python.so: Undefined symbol
> "pthread_create"
> >
> > Thanks for any help.

What browser are you using? Seriously, I had an issue once where IE
would show the correct page but Mozilla would show source code, in which
case it was probably a MIME-type issue. You might need to tell Apache to
handle .py as text/html with a directive like (untested):

<Files ~ "\.py$">
    ForceType text/html
</Files>

Robert Brewer