Again: Please hear my plea: print without softspace

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Mon Mar 1 16:42:21 EST 2004

Josiah Carlson wrote:
> The right thing to do (if it were to happen at all) is to make
> fileobject.softspace "sticky" under some condition, perhaps after a
> call to fileobject.SetSoftSpace(False) (which doesn't currently
> exist).

The right thing to do is to put make stdout a builtin and deprecate the
print statement.  The "smart" behavior of the print statement causes more
trouble than it's worth.  I admit that I use the print statement myself
occasionally, but only because 'sys.stdout.write' is too long to type all
the time, and never with more than one argument.

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com - http://eldwood.com