imaplib.IMAP4: Bug in implementation

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 17 19:54:59 EST 2004

In article <mailman.106.1079559684.742.python-list at python.org>,
 "Tony Meyer" <t-meyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> [Oliver Kurz]
> > I call the uid like this
> >
> > uid("STORE",uid,"+FLAGS(\SEEN)")
>
> [Donn Cave]
> > Have you tried uid("STORE", uid, "+FLAGS", "(\SEEN)")?
>
> I was bitten by this just the other day.  Donn is correct, adding the
> surrounding parentheses fixes the problem.

Actually it looks to me like there are parentheses in either
case.  What I wanted to try is two separate parameters, rather
than the whole thing "+FLAGS(\SEEN)" as one parameter.  I think
that will solve the problem, but am just guessing.

As far as I know, this is different from the parenthesis issue
you allude to.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu