python-ldap and Sun ONE Directory server

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Sat Mar 27 13:46:58 EST 2004

In article <c42jdq$d5g$1 at achot.icm.edu.pl>,
Micha³ Kurowski  <mkur at poczta.gazeta.pl> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'd like to ask you whether anyone have built python-ldap against
>Sun ONE Directory v5.2 on a Solaris 9.
>
>Seems developers do not support such config, but many places on the
>web suggest it *is* possible and I would be a major pitta if I had
>to kick out my Ldap server now ...
>
>I've got python-ldap-2.0.0pre20 and use gcc 3.3.1.  It complains
>"ldap_schema.h" cannot be found - and in fact Sun does not have any
>include file of that name.
>
>I just hope it is actually possible ...
			.
			.
			.
At least one of us is confused, or at least misinterpreting.
Briefly, LDAP is a client-server protocol.  I *think* your
goal is to build applications with the python-ldap client
library, and deploy them against a Sun ONE LDAP server.  In
principal, you can use any correct LDAP client, no matter
how it was made, against any correct LDAP server.  How does
that fit what you're doing?

Are you not able to build *any* python-ldap client-side
library?  We can help with that.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net