Final Project - GUI front-end - Accessing and returning data from a file

Bugsyboy9 bugsyboy9 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 23:54:54 EST 2004

I a newcomer to Python mainly because I am taking a college course so
it is sink or swim for the grade.  Anyway, my final project is to
develop a GUI interface for an inventory search database.  I have
somewhat of a start but am having issues with accessing an inventory
file (with generic data at this point) and returning the requested
information.

Essentially, I want to have a GUI front-end asking the user for what
inventory item they are looking for, have them click an enter button,
have the code search a file for the requesters string and return the
information within the same GUI front-end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.