finding used modules

Sylvain Thenault sylvain.thenault at nospam.logilab.fr
Mon Mar 29 04:42:14 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:57:44 +0200, Guyon Morée wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing an application with Delphi+Python. Distributing such an
> application requires me to include all the used modules + python23.dll.
>
> At the moment I'm using 'trial-and-error' on a pc without python on it to
> see which modules it is missing.
>
> What I'm asking is: Is there any tool/module which can help me in this
> process?

Pylint [1] does external dependencies analysis, ie it gives you a list of
imported modules which are not parts of the python standard library.
A quick hack could make it include all imported modules.

[1] http://www.logilab.org/projects/pylint

--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).