Accessing MS-Access DB from Linux

Gustavo Rahal listas at grahal.net
Sun Mar 21 11:21:54 EST 2004

Hi

How can I access a MS-Access DB from a linux machine? I am doing a
website that will be hosted on  Linux and has to access a Windows
machine with the MS-Access DB.
I read about the PythonWin extensions and ADO but it seems like it only
works on a windows machine... can I install this library on Linux?

I am new with python and a complete newbie with MS-Access.

I know it's a little OT but I have some MS-Access questions

according to this code:

>>> import win32com.client
        >>> conn = win32com.client.Dispatch(r'ADODB.Connection')
        >>> DSN = 'PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=C:/MyDB.mdb;'
        >>> conn.Open(DSN)

The DB is a file... Is this the only way to use a MS-Access DB? Do I
have to run MS-Access as a background service to access a DB?

Appreciate any help

Thanks
Gustavo