a desired python editor

Nick Vargish nav+posts at bandersnatch.org
Tue Mar 9 14:15:36 EST 2004

I always come back to (X)Emacs in the end.

I've been dallying with SciTE recently, and it has some very nice
features, among them the fact that it can be run directly from a
USB-Flash drive (which often saves me from having to use Notepad to
edit text on Win32 systems). The folding is elegant, the syntax
highlighting sophisticated.

However, SciTE is Win32 and Linux only, and doesn't have a
terminal/console mode. This means that I have to fire up Emacs if I'm
on a Mac or accessing a remote system via ssh.

Sometimes I try out the current crop of editors, but it always seems
as though I'm just playing. Like I said, I always come back to
(X)Emacs in the end.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')