Xemacs syntax highlighting

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Fri Mar 12 10:06:36 EST 2004

On Mar 12, 2004, at 9:53 AM, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>>> What version of python-mode.el are you using?  I use the latest
>>> version from CVS (4.51).
>
>     Roy> I just downloaded python-mode.el a couple of days ago from
>     Roy> www.python.org and got version 4.6, for use with GNU Emacs
> 21.2.1
>     Roy> on my Mac OSX box.
>
> Hmmm...  I'll have to track that down and update it.  I don't see
> python-mode.el in the source for the python.org website.  Do you have
> a URL?

It's at http://www.python.org/emacs/python-mode/.  This also happens to
be google hit #1 for "python emacs mode" :-)

> Try the version here instead:
>
>     http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python-mode/python-mode/

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

BTW, although Apple ships OSX with both emacs and python pre-installed,
they don't include the python-mode.el.  Any idea what the best way is
to suggest to Apple that they include it?

They also ship python without gnu readline enabled :-(