Package name with '.' in them: Python Bug ?

Yannick Patois patois at calvix.org
Sat Mar 20 03:56:20 EST 2004

Josiah Carlson wrote:
>> But I dont know, I wont say that this has to be fixed in any way
>> outside of the programmer's code.
> I've never seen python modules named like: valid_name.1.py

Well, I wrote one (it's generated names, that's why it happenned) ;)

> Considering that you have shown that it does not work, and that there is
> documentation stating that it is not /meant/ to work

The doc is not so explicit. It says that hierarchical modules are not
handled by load_module(), fine, i dont want to handle hierarchicals one,
just a simple one that has a don in its name.

> then the error is
> in the way /you/ name /your/ modules, not the way Python handles
> /incorrectly/ named modules.

That's exactly what I said, and I tend to believe it.

	Yannick

--
| web: http://feelingsurfer.net/garp/ | Garp sur irc undernet          |