How to move and then use an installed python?

David McNab david at rebirthing.co.nz
Sat Mar 13 19:37:27 EST 2004

AFAIK, when Python gets compiled, the binary ends up with hardwired
file/directory paths.

Since you've moved the python tree, you have two choices:
1) Recompile python for its new location, and reinstall all the extra
packages
2) Explicitly set the PYTHONHOME and/or PYTHONPATH environment variables
(see man python).

David

--

Kind regards
David

--

leave this line intact so your email gets through my junk mail filter