E-mail account disabling warning.

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Mar 3 09:23:22 EST 2004

    Michele> I have got today a very similar message, but from my University provider.

We got it here at Northwestern (same form, personalized for the Northwestern
community).  The central group that worries mightily about this stuff has
sent out several alerts about it.

    Michele> Fortunately, I got suspicious when I was asked to run an
    Michele> executable and I asked to the University before. It is a very
    Michele> subtle virus!

This is social engineering at its best (or worst, depending on your
perspective).  I suspect it has been very effective for the perpetrators.

Skip