Seeking advice on GUI code architecture

Ben Finney bignose-hates-spam at and-benfinney-does-too.id.au
Sun Mar 14 22:26:33 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:29:08 -0500, Qp wrote:
> My problem is this:  how do you keep your GUI code seperate from as much
> underlying code as possible?

In the last decade, the "pattern language" method of formalising common
architectural solutions has been increasingly popular in programming.
It is especially popular in things like interface programming, where the
architecture chosen has a dramatic effect on the efficacy and efficiency
of the program.

What you want may be the "Model-View-Controller" pattern.  Others may
suggest other patterns.  You would be well advised to read up on current
common patterns in interface design.

--
 \         "I think a good gift for the President would be a chocolate |
  `\   revolver. And since he's so busy, you'd probably have to run up |