pyOpenSSL is dead or not?

Trevor Perrin trevp_spam at trevp.net
Wed Mar 24 02:11:42 EST 2004

Roger Binns wrote:

>>Any new stuff I write (ha!) I'll use the most recent Python.
>

> It would be really nice if you could get together with TLS Lite.

We already have (perhaps unbeknownst to Ng ;-).   TLS Lite can use
M2Crypto for fast RSA and ciphers.

> That way Python will have a pure Python implementation of it
> all, but also native code accelerators.  You have both also
> done integration work with the Python standard library
> (httplib, xmlrpc etc) and there isn't any value in
> duplication.

The APIs are different so you couldn't directly re-use the integration
work.

But M2Crypto integrates with things I don't, like urllib, xmlrpclib,
Zope, etc.  If I get around to trying to integrate with those things,
I'll probably try to steal some ideas...

Trevor