Keyword arguments and user-defined dictionaries

G. S. Hayes sjdevnull at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 14:41:08 EDT 2004

"Larry Bates" <lbates at swamisoft.com> wrote in message news:<M-OdneXdQ4OSfUfdRVn-gg at comcast.com>...
> Remember that ** syntax passes each member of the
> dictionary as a separate keyword argument.

Right, that's what I'm trying to do (hence the Subject).

Turns out that ** bypasses the object methods and grovels internally
in the builtin dict.  So I either need to de-Lazify the values in my
dict before I make the ** call or change the code I'm calling to
accept a dictionary (tougher since it's a large body of 3rd-party
code).

Thanks for your time!