Persisting Dynamic Objects?

Chris S. chrisks at NOSPAMudel.edu
Sun Jun 27 07:39:43 EDT 2004

Miki Tebeka wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>

>>Out of a somewhat academic interest, I've created a rudimentary module
>>for persisting dynamically created objects and data structures in plain
>>Python source code. Presently, it's a little under a thousand lines of
>>code. It's still a work in progress and has several limitations but it
>>is producing results. Is there any interest for me to clean it up and
>>publicly release it?
>
> Can you say why does it differ/better from pickle?
>
> Bye.

That's a good question. And it's not necessarily better than Pickle in
all cases. However, one obvious advantage it has is that it saves data
in a human readable format, Python source code. My primary reason for
writing this is for AI code generating applications. It's easier to see
what's generated if it's stored as plaintext.