Another MSIE Python Question

Ralph A. Gable r.gable at mchsi.com
Sun Jun 20 09:28:55 EDT 2004

I have dropped the .1. I don't even get to the point where I CAN set
.Visible=1 since it crashes before it brings up msie.

I guess I wasn't clear enough in the original message. What I want to
do is be able to bring up an instance of msie (and NOT make if
visible) that python can use and that will not be seen by the user,
i.e. I want all the operations I am performing with msie to be hidden
from the user so said user can go about his/her business and never
know anything is going on. In the case of Word/Excel I can do that
with no problem. I just don't set .Visible to 1 but when trying to use
msie (with python) I can't do it unless I already have an instance of
msie running BEFORE I run the code cited below.