python and microsoft visio

Jaco Smuts JSmuts at clover.co.za
Thu Jun 10 08:39:55 EDT 2004

Hello there

short question: Any body got experience in extracting information from
visio drawings using python.
I presume I am looking at something like
win32com.client.Dispatch('Visio.Application [or Drawing]), but I am a bit
lost.

long version:
I am about  to embark on an excersize to document existing deployment of
middleware in our organisation.
(will also be used for design of future projects)
The standard used for architecture and design docs here is MS Visio.
I am hoping to write a python script to  extract information from these
drawings. Then use  this information to test the actual deployment vs. the
documents.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

thanks
Jaco