MVC and TreeViews

j_mckitrick j_mckitrick at bigfoot.com
Fri Jun 4 13:52:38 EDT 2004

I'm using a basic MVC TreeView in GTK, but this isn't a GTK question.

I have a set of objects and show their properties in a TreeView.  I
TreeView has a ListStore which can be modified, and the changes appear
automatically in the TreeView.  Also, changes make by the user on the
TreeView are reflected in the model.

When the user has made changes, is it better to change the original
objects then rebuild the ListStore model for the TreeView, or is it
better to extract the
changes from the ListStore model and modify the original objects?

jonathon