Python Magazine exists! (was: Python intro questions)

Irmen de Jong irmen at -nospam-remove-this-xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 27 07:24:13 EDT 2004

Mark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems a lot of people are not aware that a Python Magazine exists.
> Visit:
>
> http://www.pyzine.com
>
> to see what we are publishing this quarter and check out our free
> articles to see what
> kind of articles we publish.
>
> I'd like to repudiate once and for all the claim that:
>
> "Nobody gets paid to write articles about Python"

Let me add my experience:

many months ago I was asked to write an article about Pyro.
I submitted it, and it was *finally* published in PyZine issue 5.
However, first they put an old draft online. It took a while
to get it replaced with the correct, final version. But until
today the references (links) in the article have not been corrected.
I suggested to donate the author's fee to the Python Software Foundation,
but that was not possible. After that I've never heard from them
concerning any payment whatsoever, apart from that their bookkeeping
department will be told about it.

So, I'm sorry to say this but my experience with the new Pyzine
is not too good.

--Irmen de Jong