[ANN] HTMLTemplate 1.0.0

has has.temp2 at virgin.net
Wed Jun 2 14:52:01 EDT 2004

David Fraser <davidf at sjsoft.com> wrote in message news:<c9ka2h$d57$1 at ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>...

> It looks cool because it doesn't embed Python code in the template.
> Do any of the other frameworks have this approach?

Nevow.Renderer and PyMeld are the only other Python systems I've seen
that give the same level of separation between markup and code.
HTMLTemplate has a better API, however. (e.g. A test port I did of the
Nevow2004Examples/Example1 code halved the length of the Controller
layer from 29LOC to 14.)

(Nevow.Renderer also suffers from heavy coupling to the rest of the
Nevow package and to the Twisted framework. It's still very young,
mind you, so this may improve in time.)