[ANN] HTMLTemplate 1.0.0

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at gazeta.usun.pl
Wed Jun 2 16:20:52 EDT 2004

Peter Maas <peter.maas at mplusr.de> pisze:

> Good work BUT
> there are some other Python templating frameworks around, e.g.
>
> - Cheetah
> - ZOPE's TAL
> - about half a dozen TAL derivatives
> - Quixote's PTL
> - SkunkWeb's STML
> - Yaptu
> - XYaptu
> - Template Macro
>
> Did you find these alternatives unsatisfactory? If somebody wants
> to use a Python templating framework why should he prefer
> HTMLTemplate?

I tried 3 or 4 from the above list and none fits my needs and taste. The
only two that I found interesting was ll.xist from LivingLogic and
HTMLTemplate. For my current needs ll.xist is pure overkill, but I'll
give it a try some day, since idea of "object-oriented XSLT" seems
appealing (see http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/index.html).

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/