Something simular to java's hsqldb for python??

pet100us pet100us at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 10:01:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

Is there some program that is simular to java's hsqldb
(http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/). It is a relational database that can
easily be used within a small java program without installing a MySQL,
Postgresql etc. It is used within the same virtual machine whitout
installing anything extra.

Is there somthing similar for python? I need a small database that I
can build into my application. When the program starts the database
should start and when the programm exits the database can stop. I know
that the samething could be done with xml files or binary files. The
database has some advantages. e.g.  when I want to change the program
that it uses a "real" database I dont need to replace much of the
code. I just change the database driver an off we go. (the programmers
dream)

Thanks in advance
pet100us