if does not evaluate

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jun 10 17:09:19 EDT 2004

"Jacek Generowicz" <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> wrote in message
news:tyfwu2fbmc6.fsf at pcepsft001.cern.ch...
> Maybe you read the wrong books and go to the wrong universities, at
> least for your sort of mind. The following book, still in the process
> of being written, might be more to your liking:
>
>    http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/

I read the first 7 chapters.  I found it easier going, as I remember, than
Graham's book.  I liked the author's habit of drawing parallels to other
languages, including Python.  As a result, I improved my understanding of
certain points about programing.  Thanks for the reference.

I also remain convinced that, in some ways important to *me*, Lisp is
clutzier than Python, and that I have insufficient reason to pursue it in
practice at this time.  To each their preference.

Terry J. Reedy