http knowledge sought

Elaine Jackson elainejackson7355 at home.com
Tue Jun 22 19:39:46 EDT 2004

I want to run an http server but I don't know how to get started. I've read
through the documentation for the relevant modules, but I don't have enough http
knowledge to get the initial spark I need, and I can't seem to track down the
knowledge in question on the web or at the library. Maybe somebody can point me
toward some resources?

In case you feel like answering a specific question, here's one: How does http
addressing work? I remember reading in a book about dot-separated quadruples of
numerals, written in decimal but required to be two hexadecimal digits long.
Problem is, I can't get hold of that book right now.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Peace