Learning Python - Resources Needed

Phyrestang phyrestang at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 02:08:34 EDT 2004

Hi there.  I've decided that my first real language I want to learn to
program in is Python.  I've been using the Python tutorials at
Python.org, but I'm looking for something a little more in depth.

Can anyone recommend any good books for a someone new to python, and
to programming?  I should mention that while I am new, I do catch on
quickly, so I'm not looking for a book that gives just the bare
basics.

Also, any good web references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance