bogus OverflowError: python bug?

Luke luked at xplantechnology.com
Sun Jun 6 22:50:07 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm getting an OverflowError which doesn't make sense to me.  Is this a
python bug?

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/demoau/lib/py/omniORB/__init__.py", line 717, in static_is_a
     for b in cls.__bases__:
OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

cls=<class omniORB.PortableServer.Servant at 0x4073656c>
cls.__bases__=()

Surely that line of source code shouldn't be able to produce an OverflowError?

(BTW, I know that a traceback can sometimes print the wrong source line when
the .py file has been modified since importing the module into the python
process, but I was careful to avoid this problem).

Regards,
Luke.