a question on __slots__ (and example from Nutshell)

Ixokai usenet at ixokai.net
Thu Jun 3 03:43:32 EDT 2004

*blink* That's interesting.

I've never tried to add __slots__ to 'optimize' a parent like that. It
doesn't actually surprise me that a child inherits everything with its
parent-- including the dictionary since one is there. And if one is there,
it doesn't surprise me that you can assign arbitrary attributes to it.

Its nothing I was aware of-- but it doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't expect
having __slots__ there to go in and remove something that was present in a
parent class.

--Stephen

news:56cfb0e3.0406022103.211f06f8 at posting.google.com...