Game - Map data structures

Sam Holden sholden at flexal.cs.usyd.edu.au
Fri Jun 18 22:43:06 EDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:48:03 -0700, Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com> wrote:
> Sam Holden wrote:
>
>> That's going to make it really hard to determine which boats are on a
>> given water tile.
>
> Surely if you're dealing with populating a grid of things with objects,
> you're not going to do so by holding objects in each slot.  You'll
> implement some sort of sparse array, instead.

I'm not doing it and hence don't care enough to think about how I would
do it, the OP did however state:

	- A Water object need only links to which armies reside on the Tile
	(ie. sailing armies/fleets).

Which imples to me that the water object has an armies list or something
hanging of it.

--
Sam Holden