Status of PEPs?

Thomas Reichelt XXNOSPAMXX at gibts.net
Wed Jun 30 06:44:00 EDT 2004

Hello Python-Fans,

A few months in the past, I learned the Python language and was very pleased
of it. I have now written many scripts for myself and this opinion stayed,
not to say, it became more intensive.

Recently I have discovered the PEP Archive, and my question is now this:
There are many open ("under consideration") PEPs that would incorporate
useful features into the language, such as the do-while statement, the
switch statement or the __main__ function. However, most of these proposals
are several years old. Though implementations seem to exist for the
proposals, no action is taken about them. Why is this so? What has to be
done for a proposal to make it into the language?

Thank you for answering a dumb question...

--
greetz tom