win32 pyserial requires javax.comm for py2exe?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jun 29 19:05:10 EDT 2004

On 2004-06-29, Chris Liechti <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote:

> almost. my package __init__.py has an if "sys.platform" .. and
> imports the platform implementation from an other file.
>
> however, as Roger also pointed out, it's the module finder
> that just catches all imports. but well, it's maybe a bit
> inapropriate to follow up on Thomas' post he sure knows how
> py2exe works ;-)
>
>> if you want to avoid the warning you should exclude
>> 'javax.comm' from the build, either with the '--excludes
>> javax.comm' command line option, or by passing something like
>> this to the setup function in your build script:
>>
>> setup(...
>>       options = {'py2exe': {'excludes': ['javax.comm']}})

Yup. That's on the list of things to do tomorrow.

> yes. maybe i should put that in the docs... ok, done, i also
> added a setup_demo.py for py2exe in the pyserial examples (CVS
> on pyserial.sf.net)
>
> and the funny part is that Grant now packages a third party
> module that contains code from him (with his name in the
> sources of course, in the posix implementation) :-)

It's a small world.  Sort of makes you wonder if there really
are only 9 people left on the planet using RS-232 ports on
PCs...

FWIW, I've just run across a glitch in the win32 pyserial code.
Changing the baud rate on an already open port sets RTS and DTR
back to the "default" state [and of course I need them to stay
where I put them while I change the baud rate because I'm using
them to do something completely non-standard].

I've got a fix figured out but, but I need to clean it up a
bit.  That too will have to wait 'til tomorrow because I wasted
half the afternoon figuring out that my desktop machine had
both UARTs configured to use the same I/O range and IRQ.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Do I have a lifestyle
                                  at               yet?