Doc strings for a standalone app??

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jun 9 22:43:44 EDT 2004

Rick L. Ratzel wrote:

>    I think docstrings have a legitimate disadvantage in certain
> situations.  If you use a hash-sign comment, you're guaranteed that it
> won't be in the binaries, which is a big advantage to some if that
> comment contains highly sensitive documentation.

:-)  I suppose that's true.  I thought the type of documentation
we were talking about was just API-related stuff, but I suppose
in some places of employment even that might need filtering:

function name: launchApp
inputs: string containing path to application
outputs: boolean, indicating success if true
   it can be found.  Note: special hacks in place to slow launching
   of non-Microsoft applications!  This function should be the one
   we publicize to our third-party developers.  Suckers....  -BG