Reference implementation of an import hook

Noam Raphael noamr at correctme.users.sourcephorge.net
Mon Jun 21 17:30:50 EDT 2004

Hello,

Do you know of a reference implementation of an import hook? I mean a
class, written in Python, that imitates Python's default module loading
behaviour. I mean that I would be able to append the class to
sys.path_hooks, and modules will be imported in the same way they are
currently imported.

I want it so that it would be easy for me to change it, or subclass it,
for my own needs, while preserving its behaviour. (The situation, if you
are interested, is that currently modules are loaded from the network,
which takes a long time, and I want to create a caching mechanism which
will use the local hard-disk.)

Thank you,
Noam Raphael