Problem with LargeFile support (Debian, Woody)

Eddie Parker eparker at freeshell.org
Thu Jun 3 16:42:17 EDT 2004

Hello!

Standard disclaimer here - I'm new, so I'm not sure if this is the wrong
place to be posting, so please be kind if I am, and I'll kindly move my
question elsewhere. :) Otherwise - thank you for your help!

I'm trying to set up Zope, but everytime I do, I get a warning that
largefile support isn't enabled.

I hop into my ever friendly python interpreter, and run 'import
test.test_largefile', and I get the following:

>>> import test.test_largefile
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/test/test_largefile.py", line 47, in ?
    raise test_support.TestSkipped, \
test.test_support.TestSkipped: filesystem does not have largefile support

Now, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? I'm running on Debian woody, and
uname -a gives me the following information:

Linux server 2.2.20-idepci #1 Sat Apr 20 12:45:19 EST 2002 i686 unknown

And df -HT gives me the following:

Filesystem    Type    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1     ext2    3.0G  470M  2.3G  17% /

Does ext2 not have largefile support? I'm not familiar with the whole issue
at hand, so any information you can give me would be great. :)

Thanks!

-e-