Optimizing multiple dispatch

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Jun 3 15:31:40 EDT 2004

Jacek Generowicz <jacek.generowicz at cern.ch> writes:

> I've never got around to trying Pyrex ... and I won't be allowed to
> depend on it formally. Would it be feasible to use Pyrex to generate
> the extension source code and paste[*] that into my extension module?
> IOW, is there a run-time dependence on Pyrex?

Probably not even necessary - doing the same operation directly in
your extension module with straight C code shouldn't be much work (the
example Pyrex code posted is largely just a set of calls tov the
Python API anyway already).  About the only thing that can't be
written directly in C is probably the "raise TypeError" part, but for
that you can just set the error and return NULL from the function, I
believe.

-- David