pywin32 support for CreateTypeLib2

Philip Rittenhouse phil2 at dspfactory.com
Tue Jun 8 13:01:32 EDT 2004

I was just wondering if there are any plans to support the
CreateTypeLib2 API either instead of, or in addition to, the
CreateTypeLib API.

I am currently using pythoncom to generate type libraries, but
I ran into an issue supporting optional parameters.   After a
lot of digging I discovered that the old CreateTypeLib API doesn't
support them.   I have currently built a custom version of pywin32
that uses the new CreateTypeLib2 API, and everything works great.
I'm hoping that the CreateTypeLib2 support can be added to the
official release.

Thanks,
Phil